Saturday, January 05, 2008

Friendly Skys Just Got Friendlier

If you recall, my brother left his job as Director of IT for a medical supply company to tour Europe for a year. He cut his tour short and was back on American soil in time for his December birthday. The holidays are over and it's time for Dusty to find a job. He's decided he wants a new career. He's applied to jetBlue for a flight attendant position. He's been accepted on a conditional basis, and is scheduled to begin training January 9 in Ft. Lauderdale.

Once again he's doing something I've always wanted to do. When asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I always replied flight attendant (except in 1st grade when I was a nurse for Career Day). I joined US Airways in 1988 with that goal in mind. At one point I did fill out a transfer request, and was conditionally accepted, but the class was cancelled. So I remained in Reservations and lived out my US Airways career in The Office of Consumer Affairs. I've no desire now to be a flight attendant.

Still, my little brother will be the best flight attendant ever! I'll keep you posted on his progress.

No comments: