Tuesday, January 01, 2008

We headed over to Hanes Mall so she could spent some Christmas money. Figuring she wouldn't want to hang around the adults, I gave her a meeting point and told her to return in an hour. As she departed, I turned and joked to my friend that this was the first time we'd been to the mall together. We proceeded to stroll along until a 75% Off Sale caught my attention. I told my friend that I wanted to check out the sale. I wasn't in the store 10 minutes; my friend disappeared. I walked around in circles attempting to locate and reunite. After 30 minutes I gave up and returned to the meeting point, where I sat until the designated meeting time. When my friend returned, no disappearance explanation was offered, even when I asked. I had been worried, yet my friend was apathetic.

What's up with that?

No comments: