Friday, January 18, 2008

Greetings from jetBlue!

From: Dusty
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 8:13 pm
Well, our base assignments came out today and JFK is my home base! Woo Hoo! There weren't a lot of slots open for that- maybe 15 of us got it and we're the oldest, so that's good to know where I rank in seniority with this class. The rest got BOS as their base. BOS would have been another excellent choice- maybe even better since it is expanding more and there is more need for reserves there, which would push up seniority and status quicker. But whatever, I don't mind. If I fly over 100 hours a month, so be it- I'll be making money. LOL.

It's a bit scary- I have my emergency equipment test tomorrow on both aircraft. I can kind of wrap my brain around it, but when I look at the 'pickle' (drawing of the plane) I get all nervous that I won't know where the equipment is located. haha. But no worries- I know I'll be fine. :-) Did I tell you this school teacher in my class said that she used to tell her class that they need to be like the little train that could and always say "I know I can" rather than "I can't"? I told her that was perfect advice because when you think you can't do something, you end up believing it and you won't pass, but if you remain confident and positive, you'll feel better about studying. At least that's the way I feel here. I try to remain positive and when I start to feel negative, I counter act.

Today I went down the escape slides of the A320 and the E190! It was fun! haha.

I see that a BA 777 ran off the runway at Heathrow!! Scary, but it just goes to show that Safety is first and that what we're learning now in class is HUGE for what we're doing in this job.

What's new with you?
Dusty

P.S. Tomorrow is the test and a pool drill where we have to get into a raft! LOL

No comments: