Friday, January 04, 2008

A Gift Well Appreciated

Last Christmas, my best friend gave me a gift certificate for the "Spa Sampler" package at European Touch Total Day Spa. I finally redeemed the gift this morning.

I arrived at 10:30 and was given a menu from which to order lunch from Village Tavern. I settled on the Spinach salad, and was then taken to the changing room. I was instructed to shed my outer clothing and I was given a spa robe, as well as spa shoes. Melissa came to take me to my first stop - an express facial.

Now, I have had a facial before. Last September, compliments of Eric who was our makeup and wig artist for Open Season. When I asked him if it would hurt, he lied to me. Course I didn't know he was lying until I was on the table, tears running down, as he squeezed my face.

Experience being the best teacher, I asked Melissa what I should expect. Since I was having an express facial, she wouldn't be squeezing, poking or prodding at me. My face would be exfoliated, steamed, and massaged. And let me just tell you, she was absolutely wonderful! My face has never felt so refreshed and with such a glow!

Next was a 30-minute massage with Leslie. I have never had a professional massage, so I was really looking forward to this. Leslie asked and I advised that my shoulders bore the brunt of my stress. We agreed that she would spend time working out any knots. I started out on my back as Leslie gave me a very nice neck and upper shoulder massage. I then flipped over and she proceeded to work on my back and shoulders. She kept checking to make sure I was okay with the amount of pressure. And yes, I was absolutely okay! In order to keep from falling asleep I reviewed my lines in my head. But the massage felt so wonderful that my mind kept wandering. I thought about David Joy, who is also a masseuse. All too soon time was up and Leslie advised that my lunch was ready. I had such a difficult time getting up off that table. I was sooo relaxed.

Lunch was very good; quiet and peaceful. The salad was delicious. Melissa found me and led me to the makeup up chair where she would do my make-up application. I'm not sure of the products she used but the make-up felt very light on my skin. I've always liked the "made up look" but just can't stand the heavy foundation feeling on my face. She did a great job. I looked and felt beautiful.

Next, I picked out my nail color (OPI's Didgeridoo) for my manicure and pedicure with Kelly. It's been 3 months since my last trip to a nail salon so Kelly had some extra work. She was great. My fingers and toes are back in shape and painted a pretty shimmery pink.

All in all, I had a fabulous time. I highly recommend European Touch and spa gift certificates are the perfect gift. You don't have to purchase an entire package. Go for just a facial or a massage. Either way your well-being will thank you for it!

No comments: