Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When Opportunity Calls

Tonight I received a phone call from Ken, who is directing On Golden Pond for Stained Glass Playhouse. Two nights of auditions apparently didn't produce any viable Chelseas. He wanted to talk to me about doing the role. My concern was that due to the physical challenge of Debbie Does Dallas and the mental toll of Grace and Glorie I just wasn't sure I would have anything left in me to bring Chelsea to life. In the show, Chelsea is estranged from her father. One of the most memorable scenes is them finally coming to terms. My own father and I have periods of estrangements, which is sometimes difficult to deal with. I just wasn't sure I could tap more into my emotions.

After talking it over, I agreed to do the role. After Grace and Glorie closes, I'll move right over On Golden Pond.

No comments: