Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Choreo Review

They say "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Well, since I'm not dead (yet), then I must be some kind of strong!

For tonight's rehearsal we did nothing but go over choreography. And let me just say that I'm frustrated and terribly despaired. I am beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get these dance numbers down. The bane of my existence are the Intro Cheer, the Candle Song, and the finale.

While I've always wanted to be a cheerleader and I have watched "Bring It On" and national cheerleading competitions, I am so not a cheerleader. I can do the cheerleader voice. But when it comes to actual "cheering", no. I simply cannot get my arms and legs moving fast enough in this Intro Cheer.

The Candle Song is a "tap" number. While I do know what shuffle-ball-change is (because, yes, I took tap--when I was 6!)I have no clue what a "time step" is. And fuh-lap ball change? Forget it.

And the finale? I think I'm the only one not getting it.

We are having a dance rehearsal Saturday at 10am at the NCSA. This will give us an opportunity to rehearse in front of mirrors. Great. So now everyone will be able to see how bad I really am. God, if there is a dance fairy, can you send her my way tonight? I could really, really use her magic dust.

No comments: