Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ok, Bye

Debbie has done Dallas. Lisa, Donna, Roberta and Tammy have left the building with sad little "Ok. Bye." back leg kicks. The guys tossed their last passes. It's over.

Closing a show is always bittersweet. I will not miss stressing over the Intro Cheer, the Candle Song or worrying about the finale. My dignity will return after being chased away by some of the costumes. (Okay, just for the record, I got over the pink tutu outfit. But the banana costume...For those of you that saw the show, need I say more?) I certainly won't miss the aches and pains that continuously reminded me I was much older than the 18 year old I was portraying. And I am looking forward to the healing of the bruises on my knees so I can wear shorts again. (Think about it and you'll get it.)

I've been home from closing/strike for two hours and I already miss my castmates. I know it's not like I'll never see them again. Emily is Toffee in Zombie Prom and David is Brick in Cat On a Hot Tin Roof. I hope to be able to catch David's show. I'll see Emily's for sure. Heather is choregraphing My Fair Lady and Ken is directing On Golden Pond. I hope to be able to see both shows and hopefully Heather and Ken will be there, respectively. Derrick is working with sound on some show in Greensboro that I also hope to see. Teresa and Rebecca are getting married. (Wait! No, not to each other!) I'll be in touch with both of them - offering congratulations on their new adventures, respectively. Still, we all won't be at the same place at the same time laughing and cutting up. That's what I will miss the most.

As far as the crew, I know I'll see them again during the next show. Jeff, Mark, Tim, Gray, Rebecca, Kelly, Marge and Ray are all dedicated Theatre Alliance volunteers. I bet I'll see most of them working backstage on Zombie.

Well, it's time for me to take my Advil and slather up with BenGay for, hopefully, one last time. It's time for me to put my "Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical" script away and concentrate fully on Grace and Glorie.

Ok. Bye.

No comments: