Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Far Away, Track 6

Tonight on my way home from rehearsal I decided to listen to my XM radio. Here lately I've only been playing the "Debbie Does Dallas" cast CD, except when Mallorie or Cade are with me, but tonight I just needed to listen to some "real" music. I was channel surfing and heard Chad Kroeger's voice belting out this beautiful ballad-y song. Now, I'm not a big Nickelback fan. I liked, and then got sick of, "Photograph" just like the rest of you, but this song seemed a departure for them. Listening to the words and Chad's voice....okay, I got teary eyed. Right then, I decided I had to have the CD. So, I stopped at WalMart (no The, Emily!!) since Best Buy was closed, and bought the CD. I had it open before I even left the store. The song is called "Far Away" (track 6 on the CD) and I listened to it all the way home. And yes, I cried all the way home. It's been a very long time since music had that affect on me.

Of course there's a reason why I was so touched by that song. And no, I'm not going to give you the details. Suffice it to say that I hope he is as touched by the song as much as I am.

No comments: