Tuesday, August 29, 2006

From the Physical to the Emotional

I've been remiss in keeping you updated on "Grace and Glorie" rehearsals. We started rehearsing on August 14, which was also tech week for "Debbie Does Dallas". April and Pat have been wonderful to work around my DDD schedule. Most of the rehearsals only lasted about an hour and a half so I could get to DDD, and we rehearsed a bit on Saturday.

Yesterday I wasn't able to make it in to rehearsal. Four nights of cheerleading, record store O's, and leing paying customers along with several hours of bending over picking up nails, pieces of wood, and hoisting heavy flats took its toll. I stayed home hopped up on Advil and doused in BenGay.

I walked in to rehearsal tonight, and we took about 30 minutes trying on costumes. We agreed on a few outfits. I am happy that I can go back to eating pizza for these costumes.

April and I ran the first Act, which includes the big emotional scene. Let me just say that by the end of rehearsal, April and I were both spent. I cried all the way home. I wasn't particularly sad about anything. I think I just needed the release.

I spent a lot of time telling you how physically demanding my role was in "Debbie Does Dallas". And I knew the role of Glorie offered a nice emotional range; that's what attracted me to the part. But I totally underestimated the emotional impact. From a physically demanding show to an emotionally demanding one. I just hope my next role will be a senseless comedy!

No comments: