Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dream Role Results

I won't keep you in suspense. I didn't get my dream role. I also didn't get the role of Mae, which is the role Sharon read me most for last night at callbacks. Wait! No need for the collective "oooh" or "I'm so sorry". I'm okay with not getting cast. Really.

You see, Kernersville Little Theatre (my "hometown" theater) is doing "Grace and Glorie". It's a two woman show with performances at Kerner's Folly. I read the script several weeks ago, and loved it. I'm just the right age for Glorie, and she's got a very nice range to her. While not necessarily my "dream" role, it is certainly a role I would love to do.

So, not getting cast in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" frees me up to audition this Friday. The last show I did with KLT was "Never Too Late" in 2005, and it's been 16 years since I've been on the Folly stage. I'm hoping it's a good omen I wasn't offered a role in "Cat".

Just keep your fingers crossed and wish me "break a leg" on Friday!

No comments: