Thursday, August 10, 2006

Go Marge, Go!

I must give a big shout out to Marge, DDD's seamstress extraordinaire. She saw our distress over the "form fitting" (read: tight as hell!) cheerleader costumes and came to our rescue! She added longer zippers that will eliminate the need for the shimmy/shake into and out of our outfits. She also sewed one of the splits on the costumes, so (hopefully) the only P you will be seeing is the applique. Marge reworked the seams on my cheer skirt, so I no longer look like a stuffed cheerleader sausage. While I still don't look like Kristen Dunst in "Bring It On", I feel a whole lot better about my cheer outfit. We wore them today during rehearsal and I was actually comfortable, although I did tug the back down on occasion. Just a little bend over and you can see my bloomered ass! It just takes a little getting used to.

As far as my other costumes...well, let me just tell you that my dignity flew out the window. Geez, the things I will do for my art! During the show I will look like a pink cupcake tart and be dressed as a banana. Yes, you heard me correctly. No, I won't go into the gory details. You will just have to come and see the show. I promise, our costumes are well worth the price of the ticket. Oh, and did I mention the angel wings?

No comments: