Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cheering for the P's

Our cheerleader costumes finally came in. Yea. (Notice the lack of exclamation point there.) The outfits are one piece, baby blue and white, with a "P" applique. There are two slits in the skirt. Now, these slits are not on the sides, they are dead center, in the middle of the skirt, and come up as far as my....okay, come to think of it, maybe the "P" is appropriate. The fact that we will be wearing cheerleading bloomers underneath is a very small consolation.

The outfits are hard as hell to even get on. I tried putting it on overhead and got stuck trying to get it over my boobs. I tried hiking it up and had to shimmy and shake quite a bit to get the damn thing over my hips. It's made of polyester so any moisture on your body prevents it from going on easily. This concerns me most as we have some very quick costume changes from fantasy girls to cheerleaders and vice versa. I know I will be sweating after the dances. God help my dressers.

Except for costume concerns (which I hope will be addressed later) and for my part in the dances, rehearsal was okay. It was my first night off-book and I remembered most of my lines. Our set designer attended tonight's rehearsal and laughed, so the show should be funny.

And backstage costume changes should be a hoot....

No comments: