Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Radio Interview, Steel Magnolias

We continued our press tour this morning. All six of us showed up for a radio interview with WBFJ 89.3. I've seen pictures of radio stations, even watched WKRP in Cincinnati regularly, but this was the first time I'd actually been in one. I was absolutely fascinated!

Norm was supposed to be there and at the last minute wasn't able to make it. Our castmates nominated Carole and me to be the spokespersons. So she and I stood directly in front of the mics in the on-air room. Carole and I both decided not to wear the headsets. (I might have gone a bit crazy - my inner radio personality was threatening to come out. I was worried I'd start affecting my voice like some radio announcers.) I took the question about the movie - was the play or movie first? How does the movie/play differ. Carole discussed Clemmons Community Theatre and solicited actors and volunteers.

It was only a 2 minute interview, but I had a good time. I hated our TV spot. Perhaps radio is where I need to be. People can't see me, but they do have to listen!

No comments: