Saturday, November 10, 2007

Performance, Steel Magnolias

Last night was our second performance of Steel Magnolias. Overall it went very well. I think Lee Ann let yesterday's page jump affect her. She exits during 1.2 to get some "clothes" from her "car" and a few lines later, she re-enters. She had totally forgotten she was supposed to come back on and was standing backstage with her wig off! She quickly pulled it on and made her entrance, so again, the audience was none the wiser. In the second act, Lee Ann zoned out on her lines and it took all of us covering to try to get her back on track. She did and the rest of the show went well.

Lee Ann was beating herself up quite a bit. I was telling her stories of my jumps, drops, late entrances, etc. I also reminded her that I was the only one to go up on my lines during our live TV spot. It happens to everyone. And, for me, that's the beauty of live theatre. Dealing with things as they happen.

Our cast party was at Big Shotz Tavern. Once again they were a bit slow on the service. They were warned well in advance that we would be coming at 10:30p so there should not have been any excuse for the slow service. I ordered the nachos, and later wished I hadn't. Still, it was nice to sit and chat.

We've 5 more performances to go. Our Saturday matinee is pretty full; about 150 reservations on the books. You still have plenty of time to get some tickets.

No comments: