Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Arrow, Part 2

Arrow's follow up appointment was 10am this morning. As soon as I walked in the door Arrow started whining. I guess now he associates me with visits to the vet.

During the drive to the vet, Arrow's whining increased. I kept trying to calm him but he was clearly not happy. I practically had to drag him into the office. We had to wait a few minutes, since I arrived 10 minutes early for the appointment. Arrow sat right in front of the door, waiting for a potential chance at freedom. (Although he wouldn't have gotten far. The e-collar would have inhibited a quick get-away.)

Arrow was finally taken back and less than 10 minutes later the bandages and e-collar were removed. The e-collar was returned to me with verbal instructions to put it back on Arrow if he scratched at his ear. He got a rabies shot, a couple of doggie treats and we were on our way back home.

I placed the lampshade on the floor in the kitchen. I figured the reminder would be enough of a deterrent for Arrow. I think it worked. I didn't see Arrow scratch at his ear once.

No comments: