Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ohmigod MTV, WTF?!

I posted a couple of weeks ago about MTV taping Legally Blonde: The Musical. According to news reports, MTV was supposed to broadcast the show, in it's entirety yesterday at 1p. Since I was going to be in West Jefferson for the weekend, and not near a TV, I set up my DVR. The cable guide did indicate there would be an MTV Special beginning at 1p, but regular programing started up at 2pm. Still, I set my DVR from 1p - 4p figuring the guide was incorrect.

I just got home and I'm slightly ticked. No Legally Blonde. I got 3 hours of True Life episodes instead. I know taping happened because Heather and Jeff Maggs were lucky enough to get the free tickets. The MTV website simply tells me to "check my local listings". WTF? There's nothing about Legally Blonde: The Musical on my local listing. So that means either a) MTV or MTI reneged on the deal or b) it's not going to be broadcast in the South. Dammit!

I lifted the below pictures from the MTV website. While it's not the actual production of Legally Blonde: The Musical, I'm hoping it will tide me over until I can figure out if/when MTV will air it.

Update, Oct 1 - After Googling, I've finally found out that MTV has indeed rescheduled the airing of Legally Blonde: The Musical. The new date is Saturday, October 13 at 1p.

No comments: