Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Book Report

One good thing about not getting cast in Nuts is that now I can actually curl up with a good book (so cliched, I know, but soooo true!) instead of reading or memorizing a script. I've a huge stack of chick lit books in my living room and I was excited to dive in.

I read Jane Green's Swapping Lives in June. She writes chick lit. Now, chick lit is relatively new for me, and I'm finding that I adore this genre! Fluff, fluff and more fluff; it's pure entertainment. I discovered two of her earlier books on the shelf at Edward McKays. I bought both and started reading Bookends Thursday night. I just finished it and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Friends meet at a London university: Simon (the chirpy gay character), Portia (the glamour girl), Josh (the adorable, unpretentious catch), and Cath (the overweight, insecure narrator). Portia betrays their friendship, but the other three remain close friends into their 30s. Now successful Londoners, each faces a personal crisis: Cath leaves a secure job to start a bookstore; Simon looks for love and Josh's marriage goes through some pains. And then Portia, as intimidating and elegant as ever, wanders back into their lives--with surprising results.

No comments: