Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Little Boy and His Bus, Part 2

Let's take a moment to recap:
On the first day of school Cade was placed on the bus. I was waiting at the school to pick him up.
On the second day of school the bus arrived at the stop 15 minutes earlier than what the bus schedule said. The driver let Cade off the bus by himself. (And this after the previous day's assurances that drivers don't let kindergartners off without an adult present.)
On the fourth day of school Cade's afternoon bus was changed.
Yesterday the bus driver missed Cade's afternoon stop. This because Cade "wasn't on the sheet."
This morning, I had to flag Cade's bus down! Upon realizing that the bus wasn't slowing down or putting on the flashing lights, I started flapping my arms like a crazed bird. As Cade boarded the bus, the substitute driver (I think this makes the 3rd sub) shook his roster and apologized by saying "he wasn't on the sheet". I was about to call the driver a big fat liar (Cade's morning bus never changed. Of course he's on the sheet.) when the driver closed the doors and took off. (Well, as much as a school bus can take off.) The driver must have seen the murderous look in my eye...

No comments: