Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Notification, Steel Magnolias

I am finally going to get the opportunity to prove my worth as a Southern actress. Norm called me this morning and I did get cast.

I'm going to play M'Lynn! I'm including a picture of the actresses from the movie because few people remember the character names. My mom was like, "Now which one was she in the movie?" She was Sally Fields. M'Lynn is Shelby's mother. M'Lynn is a fabulous role. She's got a very nice emotional range and I am absolutely honored that Norm selected me to give life to this great character. I am really looking forward to this role.

At this point I don't have a full cast list, so I can't tell you who else was cast. As soon as I know the others, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your latest role! You and Kathy will have to discuss on the 29th-30th -- you may recall she did M'Lynn as an emergency drop-in actor for KLT.

Bill

The O'Brien Family said...

Congratulations! How awesome is that? Can't wait to see the show!