Monday, February 04, 2008

Numb

Mr. David Edward Wright, 45, of 716 Shannon Road, Asheboro, NC, died Friday, February 1, 2008, at his Greensboro residence.

A memorial service will conducted at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at the Carolina Theatre, 310 S. Greene Street, Greensboro.
----------------------------------

I met David during CTG's production of Grease in June 2004. He hosted a cast party and welcomed me to his home, even though I wasn't part of the cast. We talked and laughed, and eventually entered into a refrigerator magnetic poetry contest. He beat me, hands down, every time. He had a very kind soul and a beautiful way with words.

David and I became good friends. I attended many parties hosted at his house and was in the audience for most of his shows. We spend a lot of time talking at length about life and love.

I am absolutely stunned that David is...has, died. The circumstance surrounding his death is unfathomable. I'm having a difficult time coming to terms with this news. I am simply numb.

No comments: