Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My head is full today; too full, I think. Thoughts are running amok and emotions are bouncing off my brain. At times I find it difficult; to remember even to breathe.

I never thought I'd be here again; didn't want to ever be here again. And yet, I am out on the dance floor. I am swaying to the music, hypnotized by the beat and blinded by the lights. I paid to enter this club; I never get in for free.

Slow and sensual, I am alive! There are times when the bass is too much. Reverberating my heart; so close to exploding I feel. It is infectious and dangerous. I am free and possessed.

The music changes, as it always does. I am terrified that I will not, cannot keep up. The crowd is too much; my air is dissipating. I can see the exit, clearly marked. So very close; the neon lights tantalize me. Wish me to remain, and dance uninhibited.

And I cannot forget that I paid to be here. I never get in for free.

No comments: