Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Rehearsal, Ready for Love

Last night was my first rehearsal with the Golden Triad Chorus. No, I've not joined a singing group. (They wouldn't have me anyway! You have to really sing to be a part of the group.) Next week Golden Triad Chorus will be performing their annual stage show. They've put together a little program called Ready for Love. They wanted an actress to be in the show instead of using a chorus member. Robin called me and I agreed. I will be playing the Wife, and Stan will be playing the Husband.

While we were waiting to rehearse the show, the ladies warmed up. I was blown away. My goodness, these ladies are wonderful! One of the songs, One Voice, almost made me cry. Then 4 local high school students sang individual songs. They are competing for a chance at a scholarship. Sasha from RHS was fantastic. Staci (who was an orphan in Annie)was also very impressive. I hope one of them wins.

Stan and I went through the show with the chorus. It's a cute little program. Wife is getting ready for an anniversary celebration, which Husband has forgotten all about. In between our dialogue the chorus sings appropriate songs. I had so much fun with my role. I can't wait until next week's rehearsal!

No comments: