Monday, October 29, 2007

October 28, 1946


My dad's birthday was yesterday. I won't embarrass him by telling you how old he is. (You can do the math!)

I called him last night and the kids and I sang to him. He was very gracious. I talked to him for a while and we caught each other up. He is still flying around the country doing telephone installs for Pepsi. He's hitting the southern states now. He's dating Kelly, a nurse. She took him to a Robert Cray concert and he really enjoyed that. He promised to come see Steel Magnolias, and he's bringing Kelly. He sounded happy.

Before we hung up (so he could watch the Red Sox win the World Series) Cade sang him a personalized rendition of "Happy Birthday". It might have been a bad connection, but I thought I heard a catch in Dad's voice as he told Cade that was the best birthday present ever.

No comments: