Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dusty's European Tour

To: David "Dusty" Roberts
From: Cheryl Ann
Subject: Is it cold there?

I'd love to see Egypt! I can't wait to see the picture you take of the pyramids! What do you mean that "I'll finish it up" And what do you mean by coming "home" in December? Does that mean Maryland, DC or Mom's house?

Even though the trees are turning color, the weather is still in the upper 70's and 80's during the day. We've had a couple of crisp days but few and far between. It hasn't rained since June.

Hope you enjoy Egypt, Bangkok and Phuket. (Do you really pronounce the last city the way it's spelled?)

From: David "Dusty" Roberts
Sent: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 7:44 am

The city name is pronounced Pu-ket, but you know we all want to say it like it looks. haha. It is funny- there are always something funny in names around in the places we've been. Like Furkan Market. LOL and this bus service here in Turkey called Kamil Coc (there are puncuations in there that I can't type which would make the Coc as Coach, but still...) And Pecker Jewelers.

Yes, finish up-coming home- to Maryland/DC. Things have been great with travel, but it is just wearing on me with constantly moving on and planning for the next country or city or monument to see. I am TOTALLY glad I did this and I have no regrets, but am ready to come back from my long vacation.

Miss ya and can't wait to see you soon!
Dusty

No comments: