Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yard Sale and Picnic

This year we decided to hold the annual KLT Yard Sale and Volunteer Appreciation Picnic on the same day. We figured since most KLT supporters help out or attend the yard sale, they could head over to Harmon Park after for some hotdogs and fun.

I actually attended my very first KLT yard sale and I did manage to get a few items at great bargain pricing. After securing my treasures, I headed to Wal-Mart to shop for the picnic items. Since this was an appreciation picnic, I had requested our volunteers just bring themselves instead of potluck food. I had a planned menu, so shopping was fairly easy. We received a gift card from Lowe's so I headed there to get the hotdogs.

Glenn was the cook, and Mikey and I were the event servers. I had planned on 75 people and about 50 of our volunteers attended. We had plenty of food, though none left over. We chatted about Honk!, our upcoming production, and introduced the new season. We raffled off several items donated by local businesses. And I made sure every volunteer received my personal "Thank you" and KLT's appreciation.

The entire day was a huge success.

No comments: