Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Local Actor Makes His Debut

Allan, Mallorie and I attended Cade's theatrical debut tonight. His kindergarten class performed in the school's spring musical, Bugz.

We arrived at school early so I could help the kids getting into their costumes. The kids were funny; greeting their schoolmates as if they hadn't seen them that very day! With 10 minutes to curtain I gave them a performance pep talk. I really didn't have to, none of the kids seemed to be suffering from stage fright. I did have to explain that "break a leg" was a positive sentiment.

The show was so very cute. Each class represented particular bugs - ladybugs, fireflies, army ants and butterflies. The other kindergarten classes would sing, while the spotlighted bugs performed a little dance routine. Cade gave a great performance, even though he had to watch his neighbor to keep up with the choreography. Allan and Mallorie were laughing and clapping; I was crying with pride. Overall, I thought Cade's class gave the best performance. They were a very organized and energized group of Army Ants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cade! I see a bright spotlight in your future!