Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Know Someone in Kuwait

The guy on the right is Mark S. Mark and I were both supervisors in The Office of Consumer Affairs at
US Airways. I was surprised to learn that Mark was also in the Reserves. I remember we were worried that he'd be pulled into active duty in the months following September 11. (Being down a supervisor in the complaint department of a major airline after 9/11 would have been unbearable. Without Mark it would have been unimaginable.) Thankfully he was not called to duty. He left US Airways in 2002, becoming an analyst for American Express. We reconnected last year after I was severed from US Airways. He even came to see me in Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical and Grace and Glorie. I remained busy with a new job and a role in On Golden Pond and I lost touch with him. I didn't even see him online. It was like he dropped off the earth.

His short "I had a second, so I thought I would share" email contained this picture. Mark is in Kuwait.

Since I've not known anyone that was over in Iraq, I really haven't been paying much attention to the war. Now that Mark is over there....well, I hope to learn more about our efforts and his participation in the overall plan.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: