Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

On this day a year ago, I was such a rotten daughter. I didn't even call my mother to wish her a happy birthday. This year I strive to be a much better daughter.

While I have not actually spoken to her yet today, the kids and I (well, Mallorie and I, Cade was stubborn) sung "Happy Birthday" to her answering machine. I've also saved a half and half cookie, brought all the way home from Boston, for her.
Update 7:30p: I've called her 3 times, sung happy birthday each time, and still have not heard back from her. Oh, well. I hope Bill is treating her to a fabulous birthday dinner.
Update 10:00p: I tried one last time and still couldn't reach her. I just hope she had a very nice day celebrating her birthday. I'm sure she's very tired and just turned in early...

No comments: