Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tale as Old as Time...Redux


Three months from now, Mrs. Potts' song will once again get stuck in my head...

The Little Theatre had quite an audition turn out for Beauty and the Beast earlier this week. More than 80 talented folks tried out, including some very good friends.

I am so very excited that Emily Mark was awarded the role of Belle. As you know, I'm secretly in love with Emily, okay...not really, but I do admire her as an actress and as a person. There is no better Belle than Emily Mark. Trust me on this one.

I was so glad to see Gray Smith at the auditions. To me, he is the perfect Lumiere. Alas, the director saw Gray as something even better. Gray will be playing the Beast. He and Emily, together, best friends playing the leads! I'm going to have to bribe the box office manager to ensure my front row center seats.

Congratulations as well to Miriam Davie, who will strut around as a wonderful Babette; Maggie Gallagher who, in my book, is the only Mrs. Potts (her husband Bill is also in the show); Craig Faircloth, who was fantastic in Batboy: The Musical, will be Gaston; the Barnhart sisters who will be the silliest Gaston fans ever, and to Fluffer and Danny Alvarez who will, most likely, play a napkin and a utensil respectfully.

This show will be big, folks, and you will not want to miss it.

No comments: