Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lying in State or Daddy's Dying..

Decisions, decisions...

Kernersville Little Theatre is having auditions for Lying in State tomorrow. There are 2 roles (Edna or Buttons) that I would love to do. My problem? Theatre Alliance is holding auditions for Daddy's Dying....Who's Got the Will? on December 27. And there are several roles (any of the Turnover sisters) that I would love to do.

Randy Morris is directing for Kernersville. I've worked with him several times, and he's directed me in 3 productions, though never for KLT. I like that he poses questions to the actors so they can discover more about their characters. Randy watches my facial expressions which, he says, adds to my characters. He also taught me how to bend over in a sexy manner!

Jamie Lawson is directing for WSTA. I've worked with him three times. He gave me the role of Latrelle in Sordid Lives which I feel was a turning point in my acting "career". All jokes aside, working for Jamie in Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical was challenging, and I learned a great deal about myself.

I know that Kelly Wallace and Dick Stroheimer are going to audition for KLT. I absolutely love working with both of them, and the thought of being opposite them on stage is very appealing. Then there's my bestest friend, Ken Ashford, who also wants a role in Daddy's Dying. Ken is a wonderful actor and I've learned a great deal from him too.

It's funny that sometimes it's feast or famine with shows and roles. Too bad I don't sing. I would have taken a chorus part in Beauty and the Beast not to have to agonize over two of my favorite directors.

Argh, decisions, decisions!

No comments: