Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Auditions

I just got back from Daddy's Dying Who's Got The Will auditions. I was surprised by the turn out. Specifically the men. There are only 3 male roles and there were at least 10 men auditioning!

I had talked Kenny into auditioning and was glad that he came. He read very well for the part of Harmony. Really, I think he was the best one, but Zack was also good. Ken and Paul are competing for the role of Orville. I hope Ken gets it. I think he's got the emotional range for Orville. Mark March was hilarious as Buford. A couple of other guys read for Buford, but Mark really nailed it. He'd have to be aged quite a bit though.

There are 5 roles for women and 6 ladies auditioned (including me). Mimi wanted the role of Mama Wheelis, but Chris and a new lady, Betsy, are better suited for the role. Betsy read very well for the part. Ally was a scream as Marlene and had everyone laughing. She will definitely get that part. Jamie read Mimi and I both for Lurlene and Evalita. Lurlene is the oldest sister and Mimi read that part well. I'm hoping to get Evalita.

Still, even if I don't get a part, I'm okay with that. I must admit that it's been nice being home at night. I've caught up on some TV programs and actually read a book, as opposed to a script. (I do have those two books I got for Christmas...) I mean, if Ken gets a part and I don't I know I'll feel a bit left out. But I could always work and read my books backstage.

No comments: