Thursday, June 01, 2006

Final Dress Canceled, Open Season

This afternoon we all got calls from Elizabeth, our stage manager. Chad is sick. He wasn't well enough for final dress tonight, and there's a very real chance that he won't be well enough to do the performances. A Little Theatre regular, Mark Boynton, was there tonight to assume the role of Christian, should it become necessary. So we canceled the final dress audience and did a walk/run-thru to get Mark familiar with the blocking. I have to hand it to Mark. He's very brave to be coming in this late in the game. Most likely he'll have to carry the script during the first weekend of performances. But we've been told he is a quick study and should be off book for the second weekend.

I'm kinda bummed though. I've seen Chad in many Little Theatre productions and I think he is a wonderful actor. I was really looking forward to sharing the stage with him. Chad, I hope you get better!

No comments: