Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday

I had an early wake-up call this morning. (Well, early for me, as of late. No reason to get up with the sun if you've no job, right?) A very good friend of mine, JD, was in town and wanted to know if I was interested in getting together to catch up our perspective lives. I mumbled a sleepy "Sure." and asked what time. My door bell rang, right on cue. I threw on firecracker boxer shorts, my Miss Firecracker t-shirt and red flip flops (nothing wrong with a little self promotion is there?) and we headed for coffee at Casanova's.

Later, after a shower and proper clothing, we then checked out The Lake House. It's very sweet and romantic (your typical "chick" flick), if you don't think about the plot. If you even put one moment's thought into the storyline, you will ruin the essence of the film. My advice is to simply watch, and for godsakes, Don't Think!

JD and I had a lovely day, and I was forgiving that he woke me so early, even though I lost about an hour and 45 minutes of beauty sleep. He will be very busy with July 4th festivities, and, based on the "catching up" part of our coffee conversation, I suspect there are some challenging hurdles in his immediate future. Still, it was great hanging with him!

Ken wasn't at rehearsal tonight because he is actually going through with auditions for Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical. I just gotta say that he has much bigger balls than I do. (Wait...what?)

No comments: