Friday, June 02, 2006

Opening Night, Open Season

Last night's "Who will play the part of Christian?" only added to my usual Opening Night jitters. I took the day off from work and got a few extra zzzzz's this morning. Since I usually am not able to eat dinner before a show, I decided to breakfast at my favorite breakfast joint....Mr. Waffle. (I figured the two scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns-because I do not do grits-and pecan waffle with coffee would sustain me for the day.) Then I spent the rest of the day relaxing. Oh, and I received a wonderful, and much needed, massage.

We all got calls around 5pm advising that Chad had recovered enough and would remain our Christian. I was very happy to see him.

Opening went very well and we had a nice sized house. They were a very responsive audience. I was a bit nervous, but as soon as I spoke my first line, I was okay. I even got a few laughs. (Who knew an in-home health care worker from Jersey could be funny?!)

We were supposed to have the cast party at Jim's house, but it was changed earlier in the week. The Opening Night cast party was in the scene shop. There was food galore and specialty brewed beer. Eric (our makeup guy) and Ryan (our costumer) were absolutely hilarious! I hung out with them and had so much fun! I laughed so hard my sides started hurting.

Now I've got to take this horrible stage makeup, that has been absolutely CAKED on, off. This may keep me up for another few hours!

No comments: