Tuesday, May 30, 2006

That's The Beauty of Live Theatre

We finally worked costume changes into the show tonight. I have one quick change where I go from my pink SpongeBob Squarepants top and white pants (my "in-home health care worker" uniform) to a black dress and bolero jacket with black pumps. I made the change in time and Kelly and I began the scene. Unfortunately Chad's costume change didn't go so well and he was delayed in his arrival to the scene. No big deal, Kelly and I just began to improv to cover Chad's late entrance. It was so neat! We both just jumped into the improv, remaining in character. This is one of the reasons why I love working with Kelly. She automatically moved into "save the scene" mode and I was able to keep up with her. Ah, the beauty of live theatre where anything can, and will, go wrong. But it's giving actors, like Kelly, that can keep the performance moving.

No comments: