Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My New @aa.com Email Address

I’m excited about the US/AA merger, really I am. I mean, to be employed at the world’s largest airline. That’s quite something.

But I have to tell you, I felt a little weird upon reading the below email.

Admittedly my email address will now be easier to type. Previously, whenever I had to type it in I always misspelled airways. I’d usually transpose the “r” and the “i”. It will be hard to misspell aa, you know? It doesn’t matter if I transpose letters. Lol.

Still, I’ve worked for US Airways for a combined total of 20 years. Losing the name is not easy. With just my email address folks knew what company I worked for. Now, it looks like I work for Alcoholics Anonymous!

But really, I am excited about the merger. It might just take me a moment to embrace the new email address.



To: Cheryl Ann
Subject: Your New @aa.com Email Address

Congratulations!Your email has been transitioned to @aa.com!

As part of our efforts to combine systems, your @usairways.com email has transitioned to your new @aa.com email address.

Although your email has changed, you will still be able to receive email at your previous @usairways.com address.

No comments: