Saturday, March 02, 2013

Dansko

Due to the bulging disks in my back and the upcoming sales training in April which would require me to be on my feet for hours, I decided to invest in a pair of Danskos.

I read hundreds of Amazon reviews for the Sophie and Donna sandals. I really wanted something dressy like the Donna, but the reviews for the Sophie were better. So, off to the Mall I went, to The Walking Company so I could try on both sandals.

The Walking Company has this machine that you step on and it measures the amount of pressure you put on your feet. Here's a picture of my feet. You can see my left foot takes the most pressure, and it affects both the heels and balls of both my feet. My arches are high and are apparently good. The salesperson told me the Danskos would definitely help.

I first tried on the Sophies and all the reviews were right. It felt like I was walking on a cloud. The only con: too casual for work.

Next was the Donna in patent black leather. It was a little dresser, but with a lower heel. It didn't feel as good as the Sophie.


The salesperson then suggested I try the Tasha. It had a higher heel and walking around the store, it felt almost as good as the Sophie.

Ultimately I decided to go with the Tasha, pictured here. It's cute enough to be worn with capris, skirts and shorts. And it will work fine for work.

Next up, a pedicure to get my toes ready for my new Danskos!

No comments: