Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Book Report

Spellbinding
Even as a little girl I've always had a fascination with witches. My mom made a witch costume, including cape, which I wore for several Halloweens. The Witch of Blackbird Pond was a favorite book, as was The CrucibleI come by this fascination honestly. I was born in Massachusetts. I've been to Salem several times, visiting the Salem Witch Museum and shops full of all things witchy. Salem is one of my favorite places.

As such, I completely understand the draw Salem has for Abby Silva. Of course, I'm not a budding witch and it seems Abby is.

Abby has a crush on Travis, a popular senior. She meets Rem, who has the eyes of the guy in her dreams. She may have a crush on Travis but she's attracted to Rem. When Rem spurns her, she casts a spell into a cupcake for Travis to adore her. The spell works, but Travis' toxic ex-girlfriend wants revenge.

In addition to the typical high school drama, Abby learns that she's a potential fire witch and her awakening powers are needed to complete a circle. This circle is 300 hunderd years in the making and will right the sins of Salem.

There's nothing not to love about this book. It's another quick and easy read. It's highly entertaining, humorous and the ending does not disappoint. From start to finish I was spellbound.

Disclosure: This e-book was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments: