Friday, March 12, 2010

A Book Report

I bought Dear John because I thought I would need something to read before bed while in Lexington, KY. I read the Acknowledgments and Epilogue the first night, and didn't pick it up again until the van ride home. On both occasions I had to re-read several paragraphs because my attention simply waned and I kept falling asleep. I finally finished the book last night.

My review - meh. I think the more interesting story would be in a sequel, as was the case with True Believer.

I could have saved myself the $9.64 and simply tuned in to the Lifetime channel. It's just as bubble gum sweet and as predictable as any one of those movies. As a matter of fact, I'll wait and see the movie when it's eventually televised on Lifetime.

1 comment:

hannah said...

the movie completely changed the ending of the book, so you might like the movie if you weren't satisfied with the book. 'the wedding' is my favorite nicholas sparks book!