Monday, July 06, 2009

A Script Report

I've now read all plays written by Del Shores. This was his first script, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Having played Lurlene in Daddy's Dyin' Who's Got The Will, I was familiar with the Cheatin' story and cast of characters. I was pleased to finally "meet" them.

I love that Sid Cranford narrates the story directly to the audience. But then again, I'm partial to plays that break the 4th wall. I also like that the scenes blend into one another, ensuring the pace of the play.

It's a very cute show, and I'm crossing my fingers that Jamie decides to do it for Theatre Alliance. I'd love to be in the show!

Oh, and a very interesting thing...Rex Knowles originally produced and designed lights for the play. I've spoken to Rex on numerous occasions for SETC business! Small world...

No comments: