Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Live Blogging So You Think You Can Dance

So I decided, at 8:30p, to live blog the show.

I really do love Cat Deeley. And tonight she looks fabulous in that black dress and styled hair. No wonder everyone is clapping on and on and on...

Oh, good. Tonight's guest judge is Tyce Diorio. He's choreographed some of the best SYTYCD opening numbers.

First up Melissa and Ade in a disco routine. Love her costume! Not so much Ade's. (Did they add a scrap of cloth in the butt of his pants?) Wow, those lifts! They did very well, even though Ade couldn't hold Melissa for the final pose. And I absolutely agree with all three judges.

Kupono and Kayla are doing a Mia Michaels routine about addiction. Oh wow. It was absolutely fabulous! They are both so great with these contemporary routines! I totally agree with Nigel about Kayla's hair. Hopefully she'll tie it back so we can see her face.

I'm not a fan of Jason or Caitlin but I will admit they both did a beautiful job with the foxtrot. She looks beautiful and her costume is absolutely lovely.

8:31 - Jeanine and Phillip doing a Russian folkdance? I'm not impressed. My guess is they'll be in the bottom three tomorrow night.

8:38 - Randi and Evan in a hip-hop routine. Okay... Actually, they both did a good job! Very cute. I loved the choreography to Halo and they pulled it off beautifully.

8:47 - Janette and Brandon are one of my favorite couples. Janette is in her element. Brandon looks a bit stiff. Fancy footwork, but I'm not really impressed. I'd have fast forwarded if it was taped. Nigel just gave them a standing ovation, which Mary and Tyce joined. Yes, it was technically fantastic. It just wasn't wow. Still, Mary put them on the Hot Tamale Train. Tyce is comparing Brandon's dancing to squeezing orange juice? Too funny!

8:53 - The TV is blank! OMG! What's wrong with the cable? CRAP!

8:55 - Shit. Seriously, what's going on? USA works. The network channels are out?

9:05 - I cannot believe that on the one night I can actually sit and watch the show that the friggin' network channels are out. DAMMIT!

9:12 - I'm friggin ticked.

9:13 - Oh, wait! Ok, relax and breathe. It just came back. Chick-fil-A commercial. (Those peach milkshakes look delicious!) I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope I didn't miss too much.

9:16 - Jason and Caitlin's second dance, a Mandy Moore jazz routine. Love the music, Show Me Heaven. Very sweet routine. I liked it. It was good. Not great, but good. I agree, Nigel, they do lack chemistry.

9:27 Jeanine and Phillip will be doing a jive. Wow! Was that Phillip moving like that? Did he just trip slide? Jeanine is really good. While they do make a cute couple, I do think Phillip has been holding her back. He won't last much longer on the show. I think she'll definitely go far. Yes, I so totally agreed with Nigel. That was Phillip's best routine. And Mary just put Jeanine on the Hot Tamale Train. It was well deserved. Fan-friggin-tastic! Tyce is cracking me up!

9:39 - I love Randi and Evan together. I think they've done as well as they have because of their partnership. After the Butt Routine Brandi shouldn't be embarrassed about anything! Excellent opening lift! Wow! I can't believe her costume! That last lift gave them a bit of trouble. Overall, it was a good samba. Sizzle-that's right, Mary. That was the word I was missing. Evan won't be around much longer. Brandi, I think, will last longer in the contest.

9:50 - Janette and Brandon the final couple? DAMMIT! I missed Kupono's and Kayla's second dance, and Ade's and Melissa's. A Wade Robson routine. Uh-oh. They are in trouble. He's the one who did the Crash Test Dummy routine. I didn't really like the routine. Wow, the judges really loved it. Both are fabulous dancers, I just didn't care for the choreography.

Looking at the recaps, I'm not too upset about missing Melissa's and Ade's second dance. I see that Kayla did barrette her hair in the second routine. I wish I could have seen that. Oh, well. I'll check youtube tomorrow.

My predictions for the bottom three couples: Jason and Caitlin, Evan and Randi, and Phillip and Jeanine. I think Evan might be going home tomorrow night as well as Caitlin.

No comments: