Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Live Blogging So You Think You Can Dance - Again

It's the Top 10!

8:02 - None of the introduction solos were very good. I mean, I know they don't have much time, but come on. Oohhh, I like Cat's green strapless dress. Reminds me of the one Marcia Gay Harden wore during the Tonys. Debbie Allen is the guest judge tonight.

8:09 - Ugh. Another Bollywood number. Mustache masks - wtf? Apart from the colorful costumes, I just wasn't impressed.

8:18 - Kayla and Evan, now that is an interesting partnership. They solved the high heel problem - she's barefoot! Nice lift! Overall I wasn't too impressed. I kept looking at Kayla's feet. I wish she would have floated a bit more instead of landing flat on her feet. Right on Mary, Evan looked a bit stiff and robotic. Why do the judges love Kayla so much?

8:28 - Brandon solo. I love his choice of song! He is so fluid!

8:34 - Jeanette and Ade, now this will be a good pairing. Both are very strong dancers. And they get a hip hop routine. I love how Napoleon and Tabitha incorporated Ade's pick in the routine. Ade was outstanding. Jeanette held her own. Nigel is cracking me up!

8:41 - Randi's solo. I think we've seen it before. Her costume looks familiar. Oops, looked like she fell there, but I know she didn't.

8:47 - Kapono's solo. Very interesting to watch. I liked the costume and I liked the choreography. It was different but I liked it!

8:49 - Jeanine and Jason. I can't believe she's stuck with another dud. I'm excited that Travis Wall is the choreographer. Wow! Talk about lines. OMG! That was fabulous! Wonderful, wonderful choreography. What a story. And Jeanine was outstanding! Jason wasn't bad. The judges are giving a standing ovation! Can you believe Mary is speechless!? The Hot Tamale Train...they do deserve it. Evangelizing dance....m'ok.

9:04 - Melissa's solo. It was okay.

9:05 - Evan's solo. Wow, great split jump. Very cute routine. I liked it. Mallorie likes him. She's sitting beside me now.

9:06 - Kayla's solo. Good Lord. She a smile on her face the whole time and she just lit up the stage. That was a really good solo. I liked her's much better than Melissa's.

What? More commercials?

9:12 - Randi and Kapono, another interesting pairing, and a paso dablo. She's wearing a wig! I like the costumes. I think Randi's having some trouble. Too funny. She almost feel at the very end. Mmmm, not very good. I agree with Nigel, no chemistry between them. Debbie had a very good point - there was no trust between them.

9:21 - Ade's solo. His choreography doesn't seem to match well with the song. The flip, good Lord.

Fame, the movie opens September 25. I watched the TV series growing up. I'll definitely see the movie!

9:27 - Jeanine's solo. Very good. I really like her.

9:28 - Jason's solo. What is he a duck? Hmmmm, that was a risky number.

Another commercial? Geez...

9:34 - Melissa and Brandon. This should be good, a Hair piece. (No, seriously.) Too much smoke you can't even see them. They did a great job, I just kept watching. Cat is cracking me up. Tyce did a good job playing to each dancer's strength. It was really good, probably my second favorite number of the evening.

9:41 - Jeanette's solo. She is Miami heat! I love watching her dance.

9:47 - lol An African dance number. Poor Evan. Actually, he looks pretty good in rehearsal. Jason's doing his own dance. Brandon rocked it! Ade looked like he had some trouble. I am actually very impressed with Evan. He really knocked it out! Nigel is cracking me up - a dancing milkshake.

Okay, let's see. I need to make my prediction for tomorrow night. I think Randi will definitely go home. I think it'll be a toss up between Jason and Evan.

No comments: