Saturday, December 01, 2007

Opening Night, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Last night Kernersville Little Theatre's production of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" was brought to life. The Kernersville community, and then some, came out to see the show. There were so many patrons we had to open the balcony. It was wonderful seeing a full house.

The show was wonderful. I was so very proud of the kids. Not a single one of them appeared nervous. The audience loved Ruth, who is a pistol as Gladys. BJ's underwear line got a great laugh from the audience, as did RC's line about his brother. The twins, Nathan and Sean, received applause as they entered as baby angels. Every one of the kids was spot-on.

April's telephone cord disconnected from the phone during her Mrs. Armstrong scene. The malfunction didn't trip her up. Kelly jump a couple of lines, which cut two lines for one of the kids. The audience never knew.

Except for a tizzy during the pre-show concert, technically the show went well. Fred heard all my light cues and Vi and I worked on the sound cues and levels. My backstage crew was ready for the scene changes and they went quickly.

The only bad thing about our opening was how I felt by the end of the night. My head was pounding and my ears were ringing. Yep, now I've got a cold.

If you come see the show, and you definitely should, make sure to come early. The pews fill up fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Saturday night was, if not as crowded, a fine show, too. I'm sure those of you behind the scenes must feel a bit like cat herders, but from the audience, it wasn't apparent. It was a fun and touching "Christmas Pageant" indeed. Kudos!

Bill