Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Callbacks, The Foreigner

After Ken and I finally worked out who would run The Best Christmas Pageant Ever brush-up, I headed over to the ACT trailers for callbacks. This time I arrived early. Mark and Don were there, as was Chad. As we were ushered into the other room, I was pleasantly surprised to see Michael and Pat come in. Looking around, I quickly sized up my competition. There were two other girls that I didn't know.

Pat and another lady were up for Betty. While the other lady read well, Pat was very attuned to the comedy. Since Ken decided not to come to callbacks, and he mentioned he really didn't want to do Owen, David will probably get that part. Michael and Don were vying for the role of Rev. David Lee. Michael auditioned better, but Don is a very good tood. Kevin and Chad were up for the role of Charlie. Either one would be great. There was one young man there for the role of Ellard. And Mark read for a variety of roles.

I don't like to read first at callbacks. I'd much rather study the competition, and make changes/choices accordingly. Thankfully Stan had the other two girls read first. Neither of them were bad; they were just a bit bland. Clearly they weren't as familiar with the script as I was. As good as I felt about my audition, I felt even better about my callback reading.

Callbacks were over by 8:10pm, and once again I chatted with Michael in the parking lot. My phone rang and I almost had a heart attack trying to locate it in my purse. It was Ken on his way back from brush-up. I told him I'd call him later and continued casting the show with Michael. My phone rang again and I recognized the number as that of The Little Theatre. I held my breath.

I GOT THE PART!

No comments: