Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Book Report

While I haven't actually read Candace Bushnell's book, I'm a fan of Sex And The City. So, when I saw 4 Blondes on the shelf at Edward McKay's, I didn't think I could go wrong. Based on my recent track record with books, I should have known better. Of course, I was wrong.

The book is actually 4 novellas about 4 different blond women living in New York: Janey is a model who uses her "charms" so she can vacation every summer at the Hamptons. Winnie is a political/style columnist with a major news magazine who hates her husband. Princess Cecelia is in such a state of utter depression that even with an handful of Xanaxs she can't cope with life. A writer (perhaps Candace herself?) travels to London to write about sex with Englishmen. While they dress in Prada and carry Louis Vitton luggage, each woman and her respective life is less glamorous than the previous. These women are shallow and, dare I say, pathetic. There was very little substance, and no real ending, to any of the four stories. Not that I really cared.

Don't waste your valuable time reading this drek. Instead, tune to TBS for entertaining reruns of two blonds, a red head and a brunette.

No comments: