Sunday, July 08, 2007

Emails with Call Sign "Mickey"

To: Mark (call sign Mickey)
From: Cheryl Ann
Subject: Re: Just a quick pic of me in Kuwait

Where were you from February to April? Were you in the States getting training? What is your job? Tell me everything so I can understand!

What are the chances of you coming home before Christmas?

From: Mark
To: Cheryl Ann
Sent: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 4:22pm
Subject: Re: Just a quick pic of me in Kuwait

let's see.......I was given my marching orders in 11/2006, saying that I was heading to Kuwait. I left NC in February to spend a little time in Norfolk, after Norfolk, I went to Williamsburg for desert training. We left Williamsburg for here on April 1. I know... I know... i was hoping for an April Fool's joke too! But I guess the joke was on me!

I was the LPO of the Washrack (LPO=lead Petty officer). Washrack is like a carwash for tanks and things. We are responsible for insuring military vehicles returning to the states are clear of ammo, human remains, but primarily dirt. There are organisms in the dirt here that could be harmful to the US ecosystem.

It looks like I should be home for Christmas, at least I hope so.

No comments: