Friday, July 06, 2007

Dusty's European Tour - Greetings from London

From: David "Dusty" Roberts
Sent: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 1:23 pm
Subject: Greetings from London!

We made it to London and things are going well. It is certainly very cold and rainy here! I would say that it is about mid 60's. brrr. thank goodness I have a rain jacket. We have been ultra busy since we got here- touring London and riding the underground (tube - Mind the Gap!). Tomorrow we are going to take off to Salisbury to see Stonehenge and stay the night or two. That should be pretty cool!

Other than that, Montreal was ok to experience for our layover. LOL. We left the airport and went down to the 'old district' near the port and walked around. They had a Jazz festival going on which was cool to experience. The locals say that Montreal has lots of festivals during the summer- we were lucky to experience one. Most of what I saw in Montreal was a bit grungy. I can't say that I'll be back- or at least to that area. haha.

So many things going on in London this weekend that we'll miss. The Tour de France kicks off tomorrow (we did see them setting up for it at Trafalgar Square), Wimbeldon and the Live Earth Concert which boasts a lot of performers in a 25 hour period. Too crazy! No wonder there are no rooms here. haha.

I hope that you all had a great 4th of July. I'll write more later - I just wanted to send a quick note to let everyone know that we are doing well.

Miss you!!
Dusty

No comments: