Saturday, April 21, 2007

Christmas Eve

Do you remember how you felt as a kid, full of useless energy and agonizing anticipation on Christmas Eve? I hope you can remember because that feeling best describes my current mood.

I wish 6 o'clock would hurry up and get here. Ken is picking me up at that time and we are headed to Charlotte.

I wish 8 o'clock would hurry up and get here. Ken and I will be sitting in the audience to watch Tony Award Winner Cherry Jones as Sister Aloysius in Doubt, a parable.

I finished reading the script on Monday. Normally I don't (or rather can't) read the shows before I see them. But, since I've heard so many good things about the show, I wanted to read the book so I could sit back and enjoy the performances. And I must say, the book is absolutely wonderfully written.

Stan Bernstein saw the show in Charlotte on Tuesday. He was in my office waiting for his production team to gather. He looked at me and said he just had to talk to somebody about what he had seen the night before. He was in awe over the production. He told me a bit about the set and lighting and talked about how good an actress Cherry Jones is.

I can't wait to see the show. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Less than 4 hours til curtain!

No comments: