Sunday, July 09, 2006

Take Me Out to the ballgame

Ken and I went to go see Theatre Alliance's production of "Take Me Out" last night. Now, Ken, Mallorie and I usually attend shows together. However as TA's second "naked gay show" this was not one Mallorie could attend. I was also Ken's means of fending off any potentially interested gay guy with a broken "gadar".

I attended the show for one reason only: to be supportive of my friend, Craig Dixon, who was in the cast. I was well aware, and had been for several months, that there would be full frontal nudity, so I was nervous about going to the show. Don't get me wrong, I saw "Love! Valor! Compassion!" last year, so I knew what to expect with the nudity. It's just that Craig and I have been friends for more years than I care to admit, and seeing him in "all his glory" was not on my "Things To Do Before I Die" list. Still, he is my friend and so we went.

The show was good and the actors did a really great job. Jon Odom, was believably arrogant, Mark March was great as the redneck player, and Craig delivered his lines with gusto. Mark Armstrong was the highlight of the entire show. I've seen many shows that Mark has done, and I feel blessed to know him. But last night I absolutely fell in love with him! He brought such life, realistic and comical, to his character. He was phenomenal! He is exactly the kind of actor I aspire to be.

The show runs next weekend as well. There's "plenty" to see, so prepare yourself.

No comments: