Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm Doing Dallas

I was in a crappy mood all day, having done not much of anything but veg. While I was a little down about the show closing (and trust me, I was just as surprised by that emotion) I was actually looking forward to a couple of weeks off to prepare for Cat On A Hot Tin Roof and Grace and Glorie auditions. Ken IMed around 5:30p. I updated him on my crappy mood, and he was preparing to head to his first rehearsal of Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical. Around 6p he IMed me again. "Why don't you come to rehearsal?" Now why the hell would I want to come to his rehearsal? "Hell, no." I retorted. He then told me Jamie left a message offering me the role of Tammy. I really thought Ken was pulling my leg. My phone did not chirp all day. But when I checked it, sure enough, I had a voicemail. Yep, Jamie was offering the part to me.

I headed over to Ken's house. He was much more excited than I was. We had had lengthy conversations about the show, and how I wasn't sure I would ever want to do it because of the "simulated" situations. And yet, here I was on my way to rehearsal. Theresa saw me first and was excited. Rebecca came in and we hugged like true cheerleaders. "It will be so much fun!" they promised. The rest of the cast was also happy to finally have a Tammy, and a full cast for rehearsal.

Wouldn't you know that the first scene we blocked was Tammy helping Donna (Rebecca's role) stretch....suggestively. I turned 15 new shades of red. Nothing like jumping right into the biggest acting challenge yet. Woohoo.

No comments: